My first discussion is going to be about Ashlee, Spencer, Emily, and Kelsey’s articles. I loved how one of their articles was from an actual college website. It really stuck out to me. I like how they did their topic on eating habits in college. It is an ongoing factor for the students who live on campus. It’s hard to say no to all the unhealthy foods but there are so many steps to take in order to maintain a good diet. There are more factors then just eating healthy. You have to get sleep in order to keep the pounds off. Sleeping manages stress so you aren’t tempted to eat when you are stressed. You should be getting at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep. One thing that stuck out to me the most was that you shouldn’t nap too much. I always thought napping was a good for you. Another big factor of keeping the pounds off is limiting your drinking. Alcohol has so many calories in it so alternation from alcoholic beverage to water or seltzer is suggested. YOU NEED TO EAT BREAKFAST! So many people skip breakfast and that is not good for you at all. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I really thought these articles were very informing and I can’t wait to learn more in class tomorrow. In Dion, Jason, and Nick’s group I really like how they focused their articles on drugs and alcohol. Just like eating habits, these are ongoing factors happening to us now. I was actually shocked by some of the statistics for alcohol and drug use. A few statistics that stuck out to me were a young person dies from an alcohol-related crash once everything three minutes on average, 93 percent of students in Greek like have reported using alcohol in the last year, and 82 percent of students under 21 have reported using alcohol in the last year. All the articles were good and I look forward to learning more in class.

No comments:
Post a Comment