Time Management. Some of us are good at time management and others, like myself, are not. In college, it’s all about time. For every hour in class, study 2 or 3 hours. When I hear that, I automatically freak out. To be honest, I’ve never been a good studier. We’ve been talking in class about keeping 30 hours in our schedule for homework/studying/etc. To me 30 hours seems impossible but really, it’s not. It’s all about time. The article Time Management (http://www.studygs.net/timman.htm) was just what I needed to read. You need to make a schedule. I personally think without one, I’d be all over the place, not knowing when assignments are due or when I have a test. I could fail and trust me I don’t want that. Throughout high school, I could pass with studying here and there or maybe skipping a few homework assignments, but I don’t want to fall back into those patterns. YOU NEED SPACE. Plain and simple. You need time for studying and time for breaks. I will tell you, I can get so distracted that I will just stop my homework and do something else. For example, I keep my phone right near me when I do work (yes, even as I’m typing this) and if I get a text, email, or a facebook or twitter notification, I have to check it right then and there. It’s not good. I need to start putting my phone away from me or maybe even put it on silent. Under one of the paragraphs in the article it asked, “What is one distraction that causes you to stop studying?” Mine would be my phone and friends. I room with my best friend and sometimes we distract each other from doing our work. Both of us agreed that we need to make better habits out of studying and homework. Another article I enjoyed was Making a Schedule: The Importance of Making a Schedule. (http://www.howtostudy.org/resources_skill.php?id=6 second one down) After last class and how our assignment is to track our schedule for a week, I want to really set aside and make a schedule for myself. I procrastinate so much and it’s not going to be good in the long run. For future jobs I need to be able to have good time management and even for college. I don’t want to be up all night doing a paper. It’s important to sleep so you are energized. Why keep a schedule? Why write down you daily activities? How will this help me? It will keep you organized. You can put in spaces to study and do work and spaces for breaks. That's why a schedule is so efficient.

No comments:
Post a Comment