Monday, September 26, 2011

Managing My Time


Of course the week we do the self-study I was kind of mobbed with homework. The weeks before came a little easier to me! The week of the self-study was when I had all tests and papers due that week. My hours of homework and studying came out to be around 22 hours. When I was doing homework in the week, it didn’t feel like it was 22 hours of work. I just paced myself and took breaks whenever I could and it actually made time fly by. I get distracted easily. One of my biggest distractions is my friends. In high school, I would rather go and hangout with my friends and do homework last minute. I find myself still doing it now but I’m trying to learn that I need to keep up my grades and get all of my homework done early and have time with my friends. Another HUGE distraction is my cell phone. I keep my phone right near me when I’m doing homework and the second I hear it go off, I stop what I’m doing to look at it. Yes, having you email, facebook, and twitter is a great thing on your phone, but not when you’re doing homework. I check that thing so much during homework and it really gets me distracted. What I need to do is turn my phone on silent during homework so I can get my homework and studying done without stopping. My last distraction is noise. I honestly cannot read if I hear noises. If the T.V or music is on when I’m supposed to be reading, I can’t get my reading done because I focus so much on what’s going on in the background. One thing I spent most of my time on was breaks (going out, hanging out with friends, going to eat, etc.) I just need to manage my time more wisely. To change or improve my time management habits, I need to focus on what needs to be done instead of focusing on what’s going on around me, for example when my friends call me to hangout. There is always time to go out with friends but I just need to get my homework over with first so I can relax and not freak out about not doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment