Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Final Self-Assessment


1. As a college student I’ve learned that I can do anything I set my mind too. I’ve learned that in order to succeed you must go beyond the surface and really set goals for yourself. I’m still in the process of learning what I want to study in college.

2. My biggest challenges so far have been branching out and learning study habits. I can be very shy and it’s hard for me to just go out there and talk to people. It was a big challenge meeting all new people and not being around my normal group of friends. In High School, I got away with not studying but that’s not how it works in college. I had to learn how to manage my time and how to develop good study habits.

3. With branching out, I learn to be confident and go into Southern with an open mind. So far I’ve made great friends here and I’m glad that I did. For studying, I learned how to manage my time and work with friends when studying. I’m still working on time management because I still procrastinate, but I have gotten a lot better.

4. My biggest achievement so far has been my writing in my English class. I love that class and I’ve actually come to learn to love writing. My writing styles have changed from High School to College and I’m learning a little more day by day.

5. For English, I learned to manage my time with my papers and really map out what I was going to write. When I had trouble I would always ask my professor for help. I wish I used the Writing Center this semester but I know for certain that I will be using it next semester.

6. My time management skills have definitely improved since High School but I’m still not where I wish I could be. I do a lot of my homework the night before it’s due, which isn’t that bad but it would be a lot less stressful if I did my homework in the weekend. The majority of my time and energy was put into my essays and our Inquiry videos. I wanted those projects to come first and would actually plan out time for them. The results have been very good and I’m glad I cared a lot about them and saved time for them.

7. My grades have been good this semester, with the exception of Spanish. I don’t actually know what my grade is in that class but I try my hardest in that class. Spanish does not come easy to me so it’s a struggle. I actually did learn a lot this semester in my classes except for Anthropology, which we all know was a struggle. I learned the most in English and Inquiry. To maximize my learning I have to pay attention in class, go for help when I need it, and also take notes.

8. I am meeting the goals I’ve set for myself in the beginning of the semester. I haven’t slacked off like I used to do in High School and I am putting school first before my friends. I learned to make sacrifices and be confident in myself. I can still see myself moving forward in my college career by going for extra help when I need it instead of freaking out and just doing what I think is right.

9. From here on out, I want to be successful in whatever I chose to do. I have to have faith in myself and believe that I am capable of doing whatever I set my mind too. I really only need to improve on my time management and studying as soon as I get new material.

10. Next semester, I want to have all A’s in my classes. That is a big goal but I think I can accomplish it. I want to have study groups with people from my classes before a test so I do well on all of them. Also, I want to make a schedule for doing homework, essays, etc. so I’m not doing everything last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment